1 The Muppet Mindset: Zoot Gets Animated

Dec 3, 2010

Zoot Gets Animated

Greetings, Muppet fans! I'm really, really excited about our post today because I get to debut an incredible piece of fan-made video work. No, it's not another shoddy YouTube video by yours truly, it's an amazing 3D animated rendering of the classic skit from The Muppet Show, "Sax and Violence." Now, the original starred Zoot and Mahna Mahna, but this remake by Muppet fan and artist Andreas Qassim stars Zoot and a very funny 3D figure designed by Andreas himself. Check it out! I promise you won't be disappointed!


Triangle vs Saxophone from Andreas Qassim on Vimeo.

Wasn't that awesome? Andreas should be incredibly proud of this piece of work! It's wonderful!

I also promised Andreas I'd show off this wonderful comic he drew featuring Kermit, Fozzie, and super famous Norwegian comic book teddy bear Bamse wishing Donald Duck a happy 75th Birthday. I gotta say, the duck looks much better on TV.


Do I get the joke? Nope. Is the artwork awesome? Heck yes! GREAT job, Andreas! Thanks for the contribution!






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier

11 comments:

  1. I saw that on Vimeo not long ago and it looks fantastic! I don't get the comic either, but the art is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, ha ha, I guess I need to explain it then. Donald wonders if Bamse like stiff nipples since the bear is not wearing anything on his upper body (did you ever try that out in the cold?), Bamse points out the fact that Don isn't wearing anything on his lower body. Kermit and Fozzie don't understand what all the fuzz is about since they are naked all over (except Fozzie´s scarf). A bit farfetched perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Donald duck part of the Muppets now that Disney is owend them then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he, good question Sparkle. Let's hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video and great drawing! Ryan: Bamse is actually a super famous SWEDISH comic book teddy bear (not Norwegian). Gersh gurndy morn-dee burn-dee, burn-dee...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, thanks Hans for sorting that out for us! The Swedish chef is kind of a national celebrity in Sweden. Well, I'm sure you already know this since you knew about Bamse. Are you Swedish by any chance? You can find my version of the Swedish chef here:

    http://forums.boom-studios.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2183

    You have to scroll down a bit. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andreas! Ha ha, no, I'm Norwegian but we're subscribing the Bamse comic from Sweden (the Norwegian version is closed down..!). Love your drawings! Seems like we share some interests: Bamse and Muppets. You can find my work here:
    http://www.barnas-ark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner