1 The Muppet Mindset: The Muppet Madness Tournament 2012 - ROUND 2

Mar 20, 2012

The Muppet Madness Tournament 2012 - ROUND 2

Round 2 of The Muppet Madness Tournament 2012 began yesterday as winners from Round 1 advanced to take on new competition. Go vote for your favorites now! Having trouble deciding between heated matchups like 80s Robot vs. Gary and Kermit vs. Fozzie? Well, maybe our predictions below will help you out!

NEW CHARACTERS

WALTER vs. MARY - There's really no contest here, is there? People may love Amy Adams, but this being the Muppet Madness Tournament, mostly Muppet fans will be voting... and I can't name a single Muppet fan who doesn't love Walter. I don't think we'll possibly see Mary upset Walter this round. The Muppet fan's Muppet fan has got this one wrapped up.

80s ROBOT vs. GARY - I really don't know what to expect from this one. If you had asked me before voting began, I would've said Gary had this one locked, but after a day of voting, 80s Robot has a fairly sound lead over him. Can Gary come back at the end? I don't know. My prediction is that 80s Robot will pull through and continue to be gnarly to the max, dude.

CELEBRITIES

NEIL PATRICK HARRIS vs. EMILY BLUNT - This is another easy round to predict, as Neil Patrick Harris is a major Muppet fan, a major star, and a major talent--not that Emily Blunt isn't any of those things either, but she's just not as beloved by Muppet fans as good ol' NPH. He's got this one in the bag!

JIM PARSONS vs. MICKEY ROONEY - Yes, Mickey Rooney is awesome and beloved... but no, he will not take down Jim Parsons in this round. Jim Parsons as Human Walter was one of the funniest moments in the whole movie, and a favorite cameo for almost everyone. It's all Jim Parsons this round.

CLASSICS

KERMIT THE FROG vs. FOZZIE BEAR - I can't tell you how much I hated typing that. Kermit vs. Fozzie?! That's like Bert vs. Ernie! HOW CAN WE CHOOSE?!?! Well, most people will choose Kermit because, well, he's Kermit. The Frog looks to be hopping away with this one... but maybe Fozzie's legions of fans can rally to bring the bear victory!

GONZO vs. BUNSEN AND BEAKER - I predicted both of these matchups incorrectly in Round 1... so who knows what'll happen here! After upsetting Miss Piggy, I think Gonzo could ride that wave of popularity to the Elite Eight, maybe even the Final Four. But Beaker's popularity could propel the duo to a win. My money's on the weirdo.

OLD FAVORITES

UNCLE DEADLY vs. ROWLF - Argh! Another really tough one that I feel terrible choosing between! Uncle Deadly was SO great in The Muppets... but Rowlf has always been great and has been around a whole lot longer. If I had to guess, I'd say Rowlf will clench this one early on and take it all the way... but I'd really like to see Uncle Deadly win.

SCOOTER vs. JERRY NELSON'S VOICE - Yet another incredibly tough call for me. This is probably the biggest role Scooter has ever had in a Muppet movie... but how unbelievably awesome is it that Jerry Nelson's voice was not only in the movie, but beat out Thog in the last round? I'm pulling for Jerry, but predicting a Scooter win.

Well, there you have it! Round 2 ends this Friday, March 23rd, and Round 3 begins right after that! Keep voting every day to help bring your favorites victory!!







The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner