1 The Muppet Mindset: Muppet Fan Testimonials: Patrick Cowles

Jun 2, 2014

Muppet Fan Testimonials: Patrick Cowles

Patrick Cowles - How did I first become a Muppet fan? Ah, it all started when I was a kid. I was about one year old when I first started loving Sesame Street. I used to (and still do) LOVE Ernie and Bert watching the show on PBS. I went to about two or three Sesame Street Live shows when I was young. In fact, one time I got my picture taken with the walk-around Elmo!

When I was younger, I also loved going to my library to check out VHS tapes of Bear in the Big Blue House. Man, I loved that show. But, one day, the VHS section disappeared. I was so disappointed! Thankfully, Bear in the Big Blue House is still available on DVD for me to watch when I want to.

My family also went on many trips to Walt Disney World. Of course, Muppet*Vision 3-D was my favorite attraction. One time, when I went on it when I was three years, I got scared of Gonzo, but I still loved the ride. Don't worry, I've gotten over my fear of Gonzo since then.

Later, in 2010, when I was 5, there was a huge snowstorm, so we had to go to a hotel and stay there where there was no snow. There was a Barnes and Noble bookstore nearby, so since I love reading, I went there. I got the book Who Was Jim Henson? I just wanted to read a couple pages, before I bought it. That turned out to be the whole book... in 20 or 30 minutes.

That began my obsession with The Muppets. I made regular trips to Disney World to see The Muppets in 3-D. In 2012, I got so excited to see the attraction, I freaked out like Walter hearing about Tex Richman's evil oil plan. So, yeah, I ended up missing the show, and reciting The Muppets' history to a Disney employee. Sometimes, I get a little nervous when visiting a really important Muppet thing.

In 2011, I saw The Muppets in movie theaters three times. I could not get enough of it. Because the Muppets legacy can always be continued. In 2012, 2013, and this year, I continue to be a Muppet fan. Heck, I even got a YouTube channel called Kellnerconsulting. I'm working on a new Muppet fan video on that YouTube channel.

On March 21st, right after school, I rushed home to go to Muppets Most Wanted. Second or third best Muppet movie ever! A couple of days ago, it was May 16th, so, like any other Muppet fan, I remembered Jim Henson. So, as you can see, I am a huge Muppet fan. That's my story of how I came to love The Muppets.






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner