There are also a ton of exciting new Sesame Spoofs coming this season including "Cast Iron Cooks" (parody of Iron Chef), "G" (Glee), "Ate My Red Two" (parody of Elvis Costello's "Red Shoes"), "The Heaviest Catch" (parody of The Deadliest Catch), "Rocco's Boat" (parody of the song "Rock the Boat"), "Shape-O-Bots" (parody of Transformers), "Letter R Mystery" (parody of CSI), "Spider-Monster: The Musical" (parody of Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark). For details on all of these exciting new Spoofs, check out the Spoofs page of the Season 42 Press Kit.
The Street Story segments this season also look to be top notch. The entire list of Street Stories can be seen on the Episodes page of the Season 42 Press Kit, but here are some we're looking forward to the most:
- "Rocco's Boat" - Zoe and Elmo try to figure out why Zoe's pet rock, Rocco, doesn't float in water. Any time Rocco is around, you know that I'm already hooked.
- "Observe, Record, Annoy" - Oscar is taking a computer class in Grouchology where the golden rule is to "Observe, Record and Annoy." That alone is enough for me.
- "The Latinization of Marco" - Gina attempts to show her adopted son, Marco, about his Latin roots. This seems like a big, exciting, full cast episode like last season's "Rakhi Road," so it's bound to be exciting.
- "Cast Iron Cooks" - Alan is challenged to compete on the next episode of "Cast Iron Cooks." Parody, plus Alan, plus Anything Muppets? Win, win, win.
- "Super Maria" - Gordon tries to fix lots of things at 123 Sesame Street, but needs Maria's help. This looks like a VERY human-cast centered episode, which we haven't had in quite awhile and it's awesome. Plus, Susan's in it.
- "The Flood" - Bert and Ernie's apartment is flooded and they have to stay in Susan and Gordon's apartment for the night. Do I even need to say why this sounds great?
- "Furry Potter" - The latest "Furry Potter" book is out and Telly is excited. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan... so this is tailor-made for me.
|Jesse Tyler Ferguson|
The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, email@example.com