1 The Muppet Mindset: Muppet Fan Testimonials: Mitchell Stein

Sep 3, 2013

Muppet Fan Testimonials: Mitchell Stein

Mitchell Stein - I've been a Muppet fan as long as I can remember. As a kid, I owned Don't Eat The Pictures: Sesame Street at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on VHS, and I remember watching that thing over and over everyday after coming home from school. Like most kids, I grew up with the Street.

My family also took upon the custom of visiting Walt Disney World at least once a year (which I am incredibly grateful for) and of course, throughout this time I've seen Muppet-Vision 3D many times. Upon seeing that, I automatically knew that the Muppets were hilarious, so when I stumbled upon The Great Muppet Caper in a local library I instantly rented it. Thus, a Muppet fan was born.

Over time, as for some crazy reason, as there was no new worthwhile Muppet productions being released, my Muppet fandom wore off. Luckily, the release of a new Muppet movie slapped me in the face and quickly pulled me back in. The Muppets (2011) was a fun, heart-felt movie with great classic Muppet references. It was the perfect gift to all Muppet fans. It made me proud to be a Muppet fan.

I've been a Muppet fan for over five years at this point, and proud of it. Muppet fans are by far the best fandom in the world as well as the online world. I was pulled into the Muppet fan world first by finding The MuppetCast. From there I found out that the Muppet fan world exists very largely online.

Throughout my time being a Muppet fan, I've met many great people, and had a lot of fun being a member of the greatest fandom there is.






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner