1 The Muppet Mindset: The Great Muppet Survey - Holly Mahar

Sep 3, 2013

The Great Muppet Survey - Holly Mahar

Answers from Holly Mahar

1. Who are your three favorite characters from The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, the Muppet movies, etc. and why?
Aww... Why'd you have to go an do this to me?! I love all the Muppets, every single one. In the end I would have to say that my very favorite would definitely HAVE to be Mr. Floyd Pepper. His music with the band is good, but on his own, he brings the music to life. With solos on The Muppet Show like "Ain't Misbehavin'," "New York State of Mind," and my favorite: "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" Jerry Nelson was AMAZING as Floyd and Matt Vogel is amazing as the voice now. Second has to be Kermit. He just has the biggest heart for everyone he knows, even the people who bug him a lot. Jim was his soul in the beginning just like Steve is the soul now. Hmm... third? Probably would have to be Gonzo. He's an artiste like me, I would totally duke it out in a weird battle any day with him.

2. Who are your three favorite characters from Sesame Street and why?
Now this question is easier than the last. Obviously my favorite Sesame Street character is Oscar the Grouch. His grouchiness is the perfect contrast to the show, and he is performed by the spectacular Caroll Spinney. Second would be Big Bird, again by Spinney. His urge to know so much about the world makes for one amazing six year old bird. Third... one word... COOKIE!! Need I say more?

3. Who are your three favorite characters from Fraggle Rock and why?
My first pick... Mokey Fraggle. She is like the me of the Muppet Universe. We are both spiritual, artistic, caring, calm, and ready to ask questions. Second is a tie between Sprocket and Cantus. Sprocket is a cuddly bundle of joy trying to get Doc to see that there ARE Fraggles in that hole in the wall! Cantus is the musical masterpiece brought to life by none other than Jim Henson himself. With songs like "Let Me Be Your Song" and "Lose Your Heart (And It's Found)," this Minstrel needs to get more gigs, man. Finally, Gobo. His bravery mixed with friendship and cocky attitude makes for a perfect Jerry character.

4. What is your favorite television program starring any of Jim Henson's creations (e.g. The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, etc.) and why?
I like all of the Jim Henson programs. Usually, people say The Muppet Show or Sesame Street right? I like both of those shows a lot (and who wouldn't?), but my favorite has got to be Fraggle Rock. The message is a little more real than all the rest. I love the The Muppet Show's comedy and Sesame Street's educational values like the next Muppet fan, but Fraggle Rock conveys a powerful message full of love, faith, hope, fun, and uniqueness. As Marjory the Trash Heap said in the final episode, "You cannot leave the magic."

5.   What is your favorite Muppet movie and why?
Tie between The Muppet Movie and The Muppets. The Muppet Movie is classic. The movie is full of laughs, adventure, and frogs and bears! The Muppets is the comeback movie. My favorite moments are when Tex Richman and Uncle Deadly near the end say "It is I who will have the last laugh." "What is that supposed to mean?" "Its an idiom you idiot!" and when Jack Black says "I'm not finished putting on my balls!" The humor is so funny in both movies, I could not possibly choose an overall winner.

6.   What is your favorite Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle song and why? 
The winner is... THE FRAGGLE ROCK THEME!! Everyone knows it, plus it has got a bouncy beat that anyone can dance their cares away to. It was hard to pick because I love all Muppet songs, so it was hard to pick only one song as my favorite. The theme is actually my favorite song... EVER.

7.   If you could have dinner with any living Muppet performer who would you choose and why?
Hmm... toughy toughy. I would like to have dinner with all of them really. But, I guess it would have to be Steve Whitmire because he plays Sprocket plus he could tell me about all of the great adventures he had with Jim, Richard, Jerry and all those guys. I'll just let him talk while I eat my creme brule.

8.   If you could tell Jim Henson one thing, what would it be?
I would hug him, cry, and whisper "thank you." That is how happy I would be, no words could really explain my gratitude.

9.   If the President called you and asked to discuss Muppet projects, what would you tell him was the "Greatest Muppet Moment of All Time"?
Easy. Mr. President, I believe the greatest Muppet moment of all time is when The Muppet Movie starts, you zoom into the swamp, and all of a sudden you hear... dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun. Plinks on the banjo introducing the song that really shows the amazingness (yes, amazingness) of the Muppets, "Rainbow Connection." That is the best Muppet Moment.

10.   What's the name of that song?
The name of the song is "What's the Name of That Song?" Doesn't anyone else get it? Anyone...?

11.   If a judge ruled that Grover had to be your personal assistant for a month, what jobs would you have him do?
Hmm, let's see he would help me with my homework with all the stuff he learned on the street, get me into all the private Muppet stuff, take me to Sesame Street, paint with me, and give me huge hugs.

12.   In your opinion, what is the worst Muppet production ever made?
You know what? I am such a hardcore Muppet fan, that I think there is no worse Muppet production.

13.   Who is one celebrity you would love to see cameo in the next Muppet movie?
Hmm definitely Adele. I love Adele.

14.   If you could take a picture with any Muppet, who would you choose and how would you pose?
Oscar. I would be popping out of his trash can and he would just be all grouchy like usual. Slimey would be there too, can't forget about Slimey.

15.   What is your favorite piece of Muppet merchandise that you own? (Feel free to include a picture!)
A pair of Oscar the Grouch PJs. ( I took a picture originally but sadly, my computer hates me so there won't be a picture, but I will try to get a picture on for you guys.)


One final goodbye: MAHNA MAHNA! :D

3 comments:

  1. Dododododo! :D Cool answers Holly!
    Hugs and Giggles~Maria G. Kersey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.....! XD

    Hugs and giggles to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the whole spiritual thing, Mokey believes that everything has its own little story, so to speak, and she is so kind. For me, my faith is in the Muppets, come on, its pretty obvious. :D

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner