1 The Muppet Mindset: The Great Muppet Survey - Beth Kondrick

Mar 4, 2013

The Great Muppet Survey - Beth Kondrick

 Answers from Beth Kondrick

1.   Who are your three favorite characters from The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, the Muppet movies, etc. and why?
Rowlf - I've always connected with him since he is a musician and he's funny, Fozzie - I love bears, what can I say, and of course, Kermit because he is the glue that holds it all together.

2.   Who are your three favorite characters from Sesame Street and why?
Cookie Monster - I love his love of cookies but also his zest for life, Grover - without him I wouldn't know near from far or how not to be afraid of monsters in my mirror, and Big Bird - I grew up with Big Bird, there wasn't as much Elmo when I was a kid so Big Bird was kind of the "Every kid" for my generation, he asked the tough questions, he was easy to relate to and well, I just love birds!

3.   Who are your three favorite characters from Fraggle Rock and why?
Red - I have to admit, I'm not as brave and bold as she is but I think that is why I love her so much, I wish that I was like her, Boober - I'm kind of paranoid like him and I always dug his hat, and Mokey - I used to love writing poetry and things of that nature, so I always related to her.

4.   What is your favorite television program starring any of Jim Henson's creations (e.g. The Muppet Show,Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, etc.) and why? 
The Muppet Show. It's classic humor and I loved that they brought in the celebrities--they weren't the main focus but they added a lot to the show.

5.   What is your favorite Muppet movie and why?
The Muppets Take Manhattan. I think it's because it was the first Muppet movie I ever watched when I was young. I can sing along and say most of the lines to this day.

6.   What is your favorite Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle song and why?
"The Rainbow Connection." It's just too beautiful and nothing can top it for me.

7.   If you could have dinner with any living Muppet performer who would you choose and why? 
Hmm, I think I'd go with Bill Barretta since 1. he seems awesome and 2. he has taken on my favorite character of Rowlf and is doing a pretty darn good job.

8.   If you could tell Jim Henson one thing, what would it be?
Thank you.

9.   If the President called you and asked to discuss Muppet projects, what would you tell him was the "Greatest Muppet Moment of All Time"?
Boy I don't remember how I answered this the last time. I think this time I would say it's the Muppets successful return to the big screen in The Muppets. And the "Man or Muppet" song, heck yeah Oscar winner!

10.   What's the name of that song?
Sing.

11.   If a judge ruled that Grover had to be your personal assistant for a month, what jobs would you have him do?
I'd have him make me coffee first thing in the morning and bring it to me in bed.

12.   In your opinion, what is the worst Muppet production ever made? 
Gonna have to go with Kermit's Swamp Years here.

13.   Who is one celebrity you would love to see cameo in the next Muppet movie? 
Ellen DeGeneres

14.   If you could take a picture with any Muppet, who would you choose and how would you pose? 
Rowlf--he'd be at the piano and I'd be sitting on top of it!

15.   What is your favorite piece of Muppet merchandise that you own? (Feel free to include a picture!)
My stuffed Rowlf the dog.  Picture attached!






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

1 comment:

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner