Answers from Maria Kersey
Oh, now that's unfair... Um... Either Fozzie or Gonzo, because Fozzie is sort of like my super hero/me and Gonzo is like me/my weird super hero. And because they are the underdogs, they are bullied and mistreated, but loved and envied in a way. That's sort of like me, the bullied and mistreated part, probably not the loved and envied part... And they're weird and unpredictable! Plus, you got to love Fozzie and Gonzo! I also love Rowlf, because he is amazing and the reason I took up piano! From Muppets Tonight would have to be Pepe because he's Pepe and he's awesome! Jim Henson Hour... Digit, because... I might love Dave Goelz...
2. Who are your three favorite characters from Sesame Street and why?
Big Bird, because He's the best teacher in the world, and my mother is afraid of him... Ernie and Bert (Yes, I know, I broke the rules), because they're Henson and Oz gold! And because of Ernie's snarkiness and Bert's boringness I still watch Sesame! Elmo, because everyone has to love Elmo because Elmo loves you!
3. Who are your three favorite characters from Fraggle Rock and why?
Red Fraggle, because I'm just like her... but wish I had red hair. Sprocket, because I love that little big dog done by my other Muppet crush. I also love Sprocket because he's curious and lovable and wonderious! (My word! No one can steal!) And Junior Gorg because he's awesome and always wanting to catch those Fwaggles!
4. What is your favorite television program starring any of Jim Henson’s creations (e.g. The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, etc.) and why?
YOU LIKE TO HURT ME!! I CAN'T PICK... I CAN'T... JUST... NO... IT'S ALL TOO GOOD! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! Okay, either The Muppet Show or Dinosaurs, because The Muppet Show is amazing and it's funny and has amazing music! Dinosaurs, because I love Baby Sinclair and not the momma!
5. What is your favorite Muppet Movie and why?
The original 1979 The Muppet Movie, because it speaks to me as a Muppet fan and as to my moral values. Also the music, score, and everything about it makes me warm and Fozzie fuzzy on the inside!
6. What is your favorite Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle song and why?
"Hey, Mr. Bassman" and "Ain't Misbehavin'" because they are always stuck in my head! And "Ain't Misbehavin'" speaks to my jazz classic soul! Also "Hey, Mr. Bassman" is my theme song! Sesame has to be Ernie's version of "Somebody Come and Play" and Fraggle Rock would have to be either "Dixie Wailin'" or "Wemblin' Fool."
7. If you could have dinner with any living Muppeteer who would you choose and why?
Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, or Richard Hunt (I broke the rules again) because they all seem like down to earth people and so funny! And other reasons mentioned before...
8. If you could tell Jim Henson one thing, what would it be?
Thank you so much, you ARE my hero and you changed the world over! Thank you, so, so much!
9. If the President called you and asked to discuss Muppet projects, what would you tell him was the “Greatest Muppet Moment of All Time”?
September 24 (For so many reasons) or The Muppet Christmas Carol.
10. What’s the name of that song?
Do, Ra, Me, Fa, So, La, Tea, Do (I had to! Either that, or "Maria, I just meet a girl named Maria!") Or Disco Frog?
11. If a judge ruled that Grover had to be your personal assistant for a month, what jobs would you have him do?
To be everyone's best friend in whole wide world! Oh wait... he is! To hug me nonstop!
12. In your opinion, what is the worst Muppet production ever made?
Besides Pepe and Frank Oz references, The Muppets' Wizard of Oz, in my opinion, is not good. Kermit is SMART thank you!
13. Who is one celebrity you would love to see cameo in the next Muppet movie?
Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic, Matt Smith, Alex Kingston, and Neil Patrick Harris!
14. If you could take a picture with any Muppet, who would you choose and how would you pose?
Floyd and Janice, and they'd be in guitar poses, and I would have my guitar in a kind of guitar giddy fan girl pose!
15. What is your favorite piece of Muppet merchandise that you own?
Either every single one of my Muppet DVDs or my Imagination Illustrated: The Jim Henson Journal or my Whatnot Sparkles, the time travelling Muppet!
Again thank you and have the day you have! This was fun! And as the main frog says, "Times fun when you’re having flies!"
The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, firstname.lastname@example.org