1 The Muppet Mindset: Happy New Year (Not Quite Yet)

Dec 27, 2011

Happy New Year (Not Quite Yet)

Hello.

I do not know when I will get a chance like this again, so I am going to post quickly while it is still 2011 and hope that its the thought that counts (and not the days that are counted). Your regular host, Ryan, has fallen asleep on his keyboard after what appears to be much Christmas partying (recognisable by the paper hat on his head, the faint odour of Turkey, and the fact he is wearing an utterly ridiculous Christmas jumper...goodness...who knew there was knitwear so ugly...Hmm...perhaps someone gifted it to him...)

ANYWAY! As he has fallen asleep, I have snuck through the skylight on a rope made out of the lime green stockings that I had to wear as an undercover Elf and safety executive at the North Pole where I was checking in on the production of Muppet Bobble Heads for next year's Christmas stockings (which I realize is a very elaborate explanation for the reason that I was wearing lime green stockings in the first place, but probably still not believable...so...let's just go with it).

ANYWAY, as previously established, I have dropped into Ryan's room and nudged him aside so that I can quickly write all you marvelous Muppet fans a quick New Year's message from the United Kingdom (and suburbs of the same).

The Muppets themselves will be one thing connecting 2011 and 2012 in a unique way this year as the release of their movie on this side of the pond (UK direction) will not be until after the ball drops on your side of the pond (USA direction). For that reason alone, I already know that 2012 is going to be a great year for me (maybe my best yet!) and I hope that it will be a simply fantastic year for everyone else as well (Note: I realize also that this post seems far too cheerful for something to have been posted by TBC, but what can I say? This has been one of my favourite Christmases ever, what with receiving Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas on DVD, seeing John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together online and receiving more Animal Muppet mugs than I will ever need to drink out of from people who felt the Miss Piggy mugs were too pink for me).

ANYWAY, the end of 2011 brought us so much in the way of TV appearances, internet releases, and special merchandising throughout America, and I am sure this will continue well into 2012, so we will all have plenty of goodies to look forward to in the upcoming year!

On the downside, one of my new year's resolutions is to give up chocolate. So, yeah. That's it for cheerful TBC. Coming January the 1st, the grumpy, site-stealing, Moopet loving, villian reviewing, never-contraction-using, Big Mean Carl analysing, stiff-upper-lipped British Correspondent will be back...

Until then, I hope your Christmas was Merry and Happy, etc, and that you will have a SUPPER DOOPER AWESOME FANTASTIC FABULOUS New Year!!!

- TBC

(P.S. These fireworks remind me of Kermit crossed with Mickey Mouse...)

1 comment:

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner