1 The Muppet Mindset: Muppet Fan's Muppet Collection Chronicle: Gavan Sullivan

Jun 17, 2012

Muppet Fan's Muppet Collection Chronicle: Gavan Sullivan

Gavan Sullivan - I have been a Muppet fan since I was about seven years old. I was looking through a library, and stumbled across a Muppets Best Of DVD. At that age, I looked at the pictures on the outside, and decided it was worth renting. Ever since then, I have been hooked. I bought seasons 1, 2, and 3 of The Muppet Show as soon as they came out, and bought all previous movies on DVD.

A couple years later, I started to buy Muppet related merchandise, not knowing how much it was worth. Soon enough, I had all three Master Replicas. From then on, my collection kept growing, and increasing in value. After collecting items for seven years, I have now taken up a huge amount of space to display this collection.
This is my overall collection. It is broken up into sections by the shelves, and each shelf holds a certain kind of item. As you can see, the shelves have gotten very crowded over the past couple of years. I am currently working on a little more space for items.
On this shelf are some semi-rare plushes. There is a Rizzo the Rat backpack, a Fozzie Bear Hockey Plush (picked up by my Grandma at a thrift shop), a 1991 Direct Connect Gonzo, a Gonzo Tinman plush, a Kermit Magnet, a Beaker bookmark, a Fisher Price Scooter Plush, and a Direct Connect Fozzie.
This shelf was originally just Pook-a-looz, but was later taken over by more items. Pictured are the Miss Piggy, Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Kermit Pook-a-Looz, along with the Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and Fozzie Walmart Finger Puppets. Also, a Reporter Kermit Dress-up Plush.
This is an Action Figure/Doll shelf. I was never a big Palisades collector, so I only have a Clifford, Gonzo, Robin, and Sweetums. Along with those, I have a Miss Piggy and Kermit Porcelain Doll, a Swedish Chef Croonchy Stars Doll, and assorted Muppet Silly Bandz!
This is just a normal plush shelf. Here, I have a Fisher Price Kermit plush, a poseable Gonzo plush, a Rizzo the Rat plush, a Muppet Vision 3D Fozzie, and a Swedish Chef.
Here are the three Master Replicas poser puppets, Kermit, Animal, and Gonzo.
Here is a UK exclusive Kermit the Frog Cravendale backpack, which I purchased off of ebay not too long ago.

Another ebay item, Muppet Standees used in stores to promote the Muppets on DVD and Blu-Ray. These are one of my most prized items!
Here are series 1 and 2 Muppet Vinylmation in a mirror display case. Off to the side, you can see Muppet Pez, and Jim Shore Statues.
Here are the 9 inch Vinylmations of Tourist Kermit, Gonzo and Camilla, Animal, and Sam the Eagle.
Last of the plush, I promise! This is a shelf devoted to the Disney Store plush released with the movie in 2011. Pictured are Kermit, Pepe, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Beaker, Animal, and Walter.

Hooray for miscellaneous items!!!
 I lied... MORE PLUSH!!!! Here is a Kermit the Frog from Build-a-Bear, and a 28 inch Animal from the Disney Store. Now I am 100% positive, NO MORE PLUSHES!
Another one of my favorite items, a tin lunchbox from Best Buy!
Finally, a UK exclusive Muppet 1000 piece Jigsaw Puzzle, bought off of ebay (not assembled).

Thanks for looking at my collection! I am sure it will continue to grow as the new movie comes out in a couple years!






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Wanna buy my 1976 kermit for 200.00 us? If interested. My email is stacyhenderson1@live.com .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Gavan. Thanks for your offer, but I already own one!!!

      Delete
  2. hi my name is wayne and i love the muppet show i remember when i was little the muppet show came on channel 11 and it was so funny kermit and the guest stars really had a good time what would happend isf selena gomez was on the muppet show i used to watch sesame street in the 1980s but when i saw the muppet show it was my favorite show i have it on dvd but i remember another one when steve martin was the guest star so todays tv shows stink sobring back the 80s and bring back the muppet show please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dolls here. Have you seen the movie?
    monsters sullivan plush get one for you beloved one

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner