1 The Muppet Mindset: Muppets Vinylmation Series 3 Coming Soon!

Sep 11, 2012

Muppets Vinylmation Series 3 Coming Soon!

Yesterday various fan sites for the extremely popular Disney Parks/Disney Store merchandise series Vinylmation reported that a third series of Muppets Vinylmation will be coming in Spring 2013! This is hugely exciting, not only to have new, cool Muppet merchandise coming soon, but because the Vinylmation are insanely popular at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, so countless people will be exposed to more Muppets!

The reveal came from VinylmationWorld.com which was at the Mickey's Circus event in Orlando, along with images of five of the upcoming figures! Check them out below...
 New Animal
 Mahna Mahna and Snowth
Newsman and Uncle Deadly

I don't know about you, but I think these are insanely awesome. I adore Mahna Mahna and Uncle Deadly especially. The Uncle Deadly figure is so dynamic. I can't wait to see what other characters are in the series!!

But since we're Muppet fans, we love to wildly speculate, so here are just a few of my wild speculations about what other Muppets will be included in Vinylmation series 3. Note, that Vinylmation series always contain 12 figures, 11 known and one secret chaser. Since we know five, here are my seven predictions...

WALTER - Walter's popularity is obviously huge after The Muppets and he seems like a very obvious choice to be included. There's already rumors that he will definitely be in the set and I would be shocked if he wasn't. 
CRAZY HARRY - Semi-obscure, yes, but the fact that Uncle Deadly is in the set shows that no Muppet is off the table. I would love to see Crazy Harry packaged with a dynamite stick accessory.
BOBO THE BEAR - Another obscure choice, but Bobo was heavily featured in The Muppets as well and would make a great partner figure for Uncle Deadly. Bobo would also fit the Vinylmation mold well, methinks.
BEAUREGARD -We're running out of secondary characters to put in these series, so it would be nice to see Beauregard recognized. He could come with a hat accessory!
MARVIN SUGGS - Probably the most obscure we could go, but Marvin is certainly a fan-favorite and I would love to see him immortalized on more merchandise.
ROBIN THE FROG - Robin would be incredibly difficult to put on the Vinylmation mold and still look good... but I'd love to see it attempted. If not Robin, maybe Lips?
JIM HENSON (chaser) - This is probably the biggest long shot in this speculation, but this would be a perfect, amazing chaser figure for this series. I know there would be legal hoops with Disney using Jim's likeness... so it probably won't happen, but it would be incredible.

So there's my speculation. Honestly, I would love to see another Kermit figure on the three inch mold since all of the other Vinylmation Kermits are incredibly pricy and hard to come by. Also remember that Vinylmation comes in 9 inch form as well, as Animal, Gonzo, Sam Eagle, and Tourist Kermit did in Series 2. I wouldn't be surprised if we got more 9 inch figures as well! Hopefully we'll know more about this set soon!

Finally, Mickey's Circus also revealed an upcoming Kermit figure in the new Popcorn series coming to the Parks. It's weird and distorted but I adore it! Check out the picture below to see the figure, which will cost $25, alongside Goofy and Sully.





The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. If we're still speculating here, my particular choice for chaser would be Digit... just thinking a bit outside the box... there's no character's off limits... in my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Disney,

    Please please please make Mr. Dosier's prediction of Beauregard come true. Until I get my hands on a Beau, my life will not be complete.

    (And please consider TMS seasons 4 and 5 while you're at it)

    Sincerely,
    Hubert

    But seriously, I'm really excited about series 3 and the figures released so far. The designs all look great, so I'm excited to see what there is to come in this next one...

    An Angus McGonagle figure would be nice...but I doubt that's coming anytime soon... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that last Kermit made from real popcorn then? I dn't gt it.

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner