1 The Muppet Mindset: The Great Muppet Survey - Shane Keating

Aug 19, 2013

The Great Muppet Survey - Shane Keating

Answers from Shane Keating

1.   Who are your three favorite characters from The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, the Muppet movies, etc. and why?
Obviously Kermit, because he's Kermit. Gonzo's a good second choice for the great comedy he brings, and Pepe the third for the same reason.

2.   Who are your three favorite characters from Sesame Street and why?
Oscar was my favorite from the start; I suppose I was fascinated with his trash can (and my bucket list includes getting my picture in it). He’s then followed by Grover and Cookie Monster, who provide literally the best dialogue the show has to offer.

3.   Who are your three favorite characters from Fraggle Rock and why?
Boober's the top, because he too gets all the best lines in the show. After that would probably be Wembley and the World’s Oldest Fraggle, who are also the funnier characters when they’re given the spotlight. I case you didn’t notice, all my favorite characters from anything are the funniest ones.

4.   What is your favorite television program starring any of Jim Henson's creations (e.g. The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, etc.) and why?
Sesame Street has a special place in my heart, as it’s the first Muppet thing I ever watched. And since it’s still going, there’s always something to look forward to each fall.

5.   What is your favorite Muppet movie and why?
I go on record saying The Muppet Movie is the best of all of them, but my personal favorite is The Great Muppet Caper. I’ll admit, it gets pretty slow in the middle (don’t really care for “Piggy’s Fantasy”), but the rest is pure Muppety fun and genius; it’s also got the best jokes.

6.   What is your favorite Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle song and why?
I’ll pick one of each of those categories. “Hey a Movie!” is such a great opener, full of great jokes, witty lyrics, fantastic choreography.... “and Me!” Sesame’s goes to “Honk Around the Clock”, which gave birth to my love of 50’s-style music. And “Dixie Wailin’” wins my favorite Fraggle song, as it was one of the catchier and more memorable songs from when I got one of my first tastes of Fraggle Rock from the Fraggle Songs video.

7.   If you could have dinner with any Muppet performer who would you choose and why?
I would say Richard Hunt, because I’ll have died of laughter by the end of the night.

8.   If you could tell Jim Henson one thing, what would it be?
“Gimme a job!” comes to mind.

9.   If the President called you and asked to discuss Muppet projects, what would you tell him was the "Greatest Muppet Moment of All Time"?
“Rainbow Connection” deserves that distinction, either the opening or the finale portion of The Muppet Movie.

10.   What's the name of that song?
“How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Loved You When You Know I’ve Been a Liar All My Life”

11.   If a judge ruled that Grover had to be your personal assistant for a month, what jobs would you have him do?
Near/Far demonstrator; he clearly knows how to do that and I’ll just keep him occupied by saying I don’t understand each time.

12.   In your opinion, what is the worst Muppet production ever made?
It’s way too easy to mention the likes of The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz or the Studio DC specials, so I’ll go with A Special Sesame Street Christmas, which really doesn’t deserve to call itself a single word in that title (not even “A”).

13.   Who is one celebrity you would love to see cameo in the next Muppet movie?
I recently got into Community, so maybe someone from there. Since Donald Glover (my favorite!) already was in the newest one, I guess Alison Brie would be next line.

14.   If you could take a picture with any Muppet, who would you choose and how would you pose?
Oscar, and I’d be in his trash can and he’d be next to it, unamused by my presence. Either that, or both of us frowning at the camera.

15.   What is your favorite piece of Muppet merchandise that you own? (Feel free to include a picture!)
A couple of years ago for Christmas, I got a doll of Oscar with a NYC Sanitation hat. It’s the cutest thing and I keep it on my bookshelf. I also have those Kermit Adidas, which aren’t as comfortable as you’d imagine.







The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner