Sesame Street Season 41
Episode Recap, Part 6
Shane Keating – Only one more week left of Season 41. Let’s take a look at the latest two episodes.
EPISODE 4232 – VEGGIES REVOLT
Another good storyline. Full of great characters and some good songs. I love how Cookie tried to remind the viewer he’s not the “Veggie Monster”; I really wish people would get that into their heads. Also, the story is riddled with food puns, including one based on a certain frog’s famous song.
- Ellen Pompeo and Elmo show how to be healthy. I honestly have no idea who half of these celebrities are.
- Film: The number 16 is found in a pile of pebbles.
- Super Grover 2.0 – A cow can’t get down the stairs of her beauty parlor and Grover must find a way to get her down. This is the last new “Super Grover 2.0” sketch of the season, which is a shame because it’s so good.
- Abby Cadabby sings a song about trying broccoli for the first time. It’s all right, though I wouldn’t consider it “classic.”
EPISODE 4233 – FAIRY TALE SCIENCE FAIR
Telly and Baby Bear are reporting on Sesame Street’s “Fairy Tale Science Fair.” They visit Little Red Riding Hood’s booth, where she shows how observing and comparing will help her learn which Granny is the real one and which is the Big Bad Wolf. With help from the reporters, she finds out and the Wolf leaves in a huff. Next, they visit Cinderella, who loves science. She tests whether a pumpkin floats or sinks in water; and it floats! The prince comes along with a glass slipper, which Cinderella tests in her water tank too. Finally, they find the Three Little Pigs, freaking out because the Big Bad Wolf is coming. After answering some questions and doing some experiments with building material, they figure out they need to make a house from bricks to stay safe. The Wolf is thwarted again and takes his frustration out on Telly and Baby Bear, blowing them away.
I kinda liked this one. There were a number of funny gags and the many uses of science come across well. Plus, you can’t go wrong with a Telly and Baby Bear episode.
- Elmo plays reporter while Samantha Harris gives him something to report on.
- Ernie sings about things he wonders about. This is the first new actual Ernie segment since 2006 and it’s a really great song, his best in years.
The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier