Nov 25, 2011
Standing Strong Against Spoilers (British Style)
Opener: Doctor Doctor, I feel like Dr Bob off of Veterinarian’s Hospital.
Response: Lie on the side of the bed and you'll soon drop off...oh wait, that's another joke. Why do you feel like Dr Bob off of Veterinarian’s Hospital?
Answer: Because I need all the patients I can get. *rimshot*
Oh never mind...
So, that said, what can we do instead to channel our Muppet NEED to see, hear and read whatever we can of The Muppets?
Well, we may not have The Muppets (tm) but we DO have The Muppets themselves with us right here, right now on DVD (or VCR, or whatever). Last night I took all my pent up anticipation and Muppenergy and sat down to watch The Muppet Movie.
So you see, that is one excellent way to pour your enthusiasm for The (new) Muppets into seeing The (old?) Muppets with new eyes.
• Grow a moustache (also helpful when needing a disguise for investigating any local Muppet appearances during the promotion in your area)
• Put yourself into a coma for a few months ala Sleeping Beauty (Why is there never a spinning wheel somewhere about when you need one?)
• Time travel (forward, not backward, but then again if you can afford time travel just get a ticket to America for a private screening)
• Rather than reading articles about The Muppets, write articles about your favourite Muppets and submit them to The Muppet Mindset
• Alternatively, browse The Muppet Mindset archives (using the filter: TBC, for only the best)
• Arrange to have Jason Segel’s rubbish delivered to your home and see if you can find a copy of the original script somewhere in there between the orange peel and the egg shells.
• Make your own stop-motion version of The Muppets using claydough (will your Mupplastic ending be as good as the real one?)
• Visit any locations that they may have been to in the movie (S.O.R.N., for example, or Paris)
• Try to answer the question: “Man or Muppet” without having an existential crisis (A Muplife crisis?)
They say the longer you anticipate something the better it will be...
...I say, that is rubbish, we (the 99%) should riot until the 1% hand over The Muppets to us right NOW!!!
-The British Correspondent (See how I went all political there at the end???)