Cookie Monster and Abby Cadabby stopped by the offices of TV Guide Magazine the other day and made this spectacularly fun video. Check out the video below and join me in wondering why we don't see more of this pairing!
Cookie Monster is also slated to appear on ABC's daytime cooking show The Chew on Tuesday, October 23rd (which just so happens to be my birthday), so if you want to see Cookie Monster most likely eat cookies... tune in or set your recording device or pay your cousin to transcribe it for you and read it back to you in a Cookie Monster voice!
Yesterday, Paul Williams, the legendary singer/songwriter and auteur of songs in Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, The Muppet Movie, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and more visited Reddit yesterday to participate in one of their popular AMAs, which stands for "Ask Me Anything" to promote the documentary which he is the subject of called Paul Williams Still Alive, now available on iTunes. There were over 70 replies and Paul took the time to answer most of them. There's plenty of Muppety content for all to enjoy, and even more of Paul just being the plain old awesome person we all know he is!
This bit of news is especially exciting for our fans in the United Kingdom, as our friends at Park Circus Films are putting The Muppet Christmas Carol back in UK cinemas as part of an exciting 20th anniversary celebration for the film. The classic movie returns to cinemas all over the UK starting on November 23rd, 2012, so if you're in the UK be sure to get out there and relive this Muppet holiday gem on the big screen! The film will only be in UK cinemas for a very limited time, so make sure to see it before it goes away! How can you miss a chance to see Gonzo and Rizzo's antics and Michael Caine dancing on the big screen?
We're also sharing an offer to the Muppet fans in the United States via our friends at Disney Family Movies, which gives you access to ten Disney movies on demand every month. For October, Disney Family Movies' On Demand slate includes both The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper. If you sign up before October 31st, you'll receive one month of service free. Check out the Disney Family Movies subscription video for more information on how to enjoy this service in your home! Thanks to our friends at Disney for asking us to post this!
Finally, our friends at StitchKingdom.com have received the official press release from The Walt Disney Company for the November 6th Blu-ray release of The Muppet Christmas Carol. Below is the list of all the bonus features included on the release:
- Disney Intermission — An all-new bonus feature. When the film is paused, fans can watch and "cluck-a-long" to five classic holiday-themed songs performed by the Muppets Chickens and chums.
- Audio Commentary — All-new audio commentary with fan-favorite characters, Kermit, Rizzo, Gonzo, and more, all reflecting on their experience making The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- Frogs, Pigs and Humbug: Unwrapping a New Holiday Classic. A Behind the Scenes Look — Hosted by director Brian Henson, Gonzo and Rizzo fans go behind-the-scenes of the making of The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- Blooper Reel — On the Set bloopers from the set of the film.
- Pepe Profiles Gonzo: ‘Portrait of the Artist as a Young Weirdo’ — A special look at the man, the myth, the legend the Great Gonzo, hosted by the one and only Pepe the King Prawn.
- Christmas Around the World — Gonzo and Rizzo take a look at how Christmas is celebrated all over the planet.
Unfortunately, as StitchKingdom reported and I've since confirmed, there are no plans for the Blu-ray to include the song "When Love is Gone" anywhere on the disc. This is terribly unfortunate--even just including it as a bonus feature would satiate most fans. If you're discouraged by this, I suggest writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and calmly explain your frustration in the lack of the song. There probably won't be time to get it on the Blu-ray before it is released on November 6th... but it couldn't hurt.
The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, email@example.com